For the past ten years, MUTEK has been taking action to reduce its environmental impact.
Now, in 2020, we have decided to join the movement of environmentally sustainable events. To this end, we have chosen to make a public commitment to our future as an environmentally sustainable festival.
Despite the circumstances of recent months and this year’s hybrid festival format, it remains crucial that we act consciously and responsibly.
What are our policies?
1. Commit to action by publishing our environmental policy.
2. Eliminate the use of disposable plastics.
3. Provide free water.
4. Reduce waste.
5. Further increase recycling and composting.
6. Offset our carbon footprint.
7. Support the circular economy by partnering with other responsible organizations.
8. Use digital technologies in place of paper and print-outs.